AlixPartners Services UK LLP and The T&N Asbestos Trustee Company Limited (together “we” / “AlixPartners Services UK LLP”) are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”). In accordance with the Act, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to manage and use any personal information that you provide to us in accordance with the Act.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be used by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller will be “AlixPartners Services UK LLP” of 20 North Audley Street, London, W1K 6WE.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Jeff Naylor.
Your information and how we use it
To provide and manage your Trust claim we need to know various personal information including your name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our websites or requesting further details in relation to our services.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details relating to completed work carried out on your behalf.
• Details of your visits to our websites and the resources that you access.
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
• to process your claim, or that of the creditor you represent;
• for other reasons connected with progression of the insolvency procedure in which you are a creditor, or representative of the creditor;
• to carry any other obligations arising from the insolvency procedure in which you are a creditor, or representative of the creditor;
• to ensure that content on our websites is presented in the most effective manner for your needs; and
• as may be required or permitted by law.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring the provision of our services and may relay such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
From time to time we may provide your personal information to our client service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services that we provide. We, or our agents and sub-contractors, may contact you to ask for your feedback and comments on our services.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
How and where we store your personal data
Our internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in part 38 of the UK Companies Act 2006 and other selected affiliated business.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• If one or more of the indentified entities comprising “AlixPartners Services” (or substantially all of their/its assets) are/is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by them/it about clients will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any agreement between us; or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction (including in the context of conducting due diligence on you as our client or potential client).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before quoting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF. Telephone helpline 0303 123 1113 (open 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday).